Thursday, June 30, 2011

Random Act of Kindness

"Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward. Save in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."  
 -Princess Diana-

Today i feel so happy yet guilty at the same time. Confuse much? 
Well, let me simplify this. I'm so amazed at how kindness react to other people's feeling, at how people makes other happy just because their random act of kindness.
Today, in the hot and sunny 12 pm in Bandung, i'v just finished my final exam at neuro dept and took angkot to the salon just to treat myself. After i got in the angkot, i forgot that i don't have any small change, so i thought maybe the driver would have the change. After i arrived at the salon, i gave my Rp 20.000 to the driver. But, unfortunately he didnt have the change, i was so confused at that moment at how to pay him, when i told him that i will get some changes from the warung nearby, he told me that it's okay, i don't have to pay. He didn't even want to accept my money.
But, whaat?? Is it okay not to pay?? He's gonna suffer a financial loss :( 
I don't have any other choice, but just to let go. And there it is, i feel sooo guilty, i don't know how to pay him back, don't know when to meet him agaim, so i just pray to Allah to give him bunch of blessing, that hopefully his kindness could be paid through other's hand. My heart feels so happy though, realizing at how a total stranger could be so kind to me, so why not be kind to our surroundings and mostly to people that we love?
I'm 100 % believe that if you are kind to others, even to some stranger that you just met, all the kindness will come back to you through so many ways. 
Be kind.

1 comment: